Yamaha Three-Wheeler Niken
Yamaha Three-Wheeler Niken Gets Third Technical Teaser Video
Time flies when the weather is nice, but does anyone remember that Yamaha three-wheeler, Niken that was revealed at the Tokyo Motor Show last October?
Well, the launch is only a few weeks away now, and the Japanese firm has released a third technical video teaser- this one focuses on how the MT-09-based bike’s electronic aids help it to achieve the ‘ultimate corner carving experience’.
Part of the package are:
- Assist and Slipper clutch offering ‘lighter clutch lever operation and smooth chassis behaviour when downshifting’.
- Quick Shift System, via which ‘engine output and gear torque are instantly adjusted by ECU for seamless upshifts’.
- Traction control system, which ‘includes two intervention modes and off mode to match road conditions and automatically regulates throttle opening, ignition timing and fuel volume to help maintain traction’.
- D-Mode, offering ‘three modes to suit rider preference or riding situation’.
- Cruise control system, which is ‘usable from 4th gear and over 50km/h, for more comfortable highway cruising and long distance trips’.
- An online ordering reservation system for the Niken opens May 17th at 10:00 am CEST, with bikes assigned on a first come, first served basis.